Tue, Apr 12|
Smudge With Intent: An Exploration
How to Smudge with Intent: Scott Alexander King will discuss the ins and outs of burning dried herbs, what feathers to use and why.
Time & Location
Apr 12, 2022, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
About the Event
This workshop will cover the following topics related to Smudging.
- How powerful Smudging truly is.
- How smoke can penetrate the Veil that separates our world from the world of Spirit, allowing our prayers to be carried to the Creator, our loved ones in Spirit, our ancestors and guides, etc
- Different types of herbs (besides Sage) that can be used for smudging, and the different reasons for offering Smoke (prayer, protection, healing, cleansing, empowering, releasing grief, etc)
- What is "dry smudging", absent smudging (using a photo), surrogate smudging (using a doll or teddy bear), smudging a room, smudging yourself and smudging others.
- The prayer we say while smudging.
- How smudging is said to repair the aura and energise the chakras
- Alternatives to using smoke – such as essential oils, ‘misting’ or smokeless incense
- Medicine from the birds: how the power of your smudging experience can be enhanced by choosing different feathers for particular reason and purposes.
- Visual presentation of feathers from Scott's personal collection, and insights on how they may be used.
- How and why feathers are shed, and how to legally and ethically source them.
- Why, elementally, using a shell for smudging isn’t ideal, and other options that would be elementally suitable instead.
- Prayers of smoke, and other ways to seek the guidance and protection of Spirit.
Scott Alexander King is an author, teacher, public speaker, psychic medium, practitioner of Earth Medicine and Zoomancer: an individual that examines the habits and appearance of animals to help explain or reveal the future path of other people. And as far as he knows, he’s the only Zoomancer in Australia!
Smudge with Intent - Zoom
This workshop will be presented on Zoom$25.00